Title: Associate Director, Facility Operations
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: San Diego, CA
Organovo Inc. is an early-stage biotechnology company that is developing and utilizing highly customized 3D human tissues as dynamic models of healthy and diseased human biology for drug development.
We use proprietary technology to build functional 3D human tissues that mimic key aspects of native human tissue composition, architecture, function, and disease. Our advances include cell type-specific compartments, prevalent intercellular tight junctions, and the formation of microvascular structures. We believe these attributes can enable critical complex, multicellular disease models that we will use to develop clinically effective drugs for selected therapeutic areas.
The Associate Director, Facility Operations will be an active player/coach who is involved in both the leadership and daily operations required to support the growing company and the necessary compliance with government regulations and corporate policies. The key areas of responsibility include facilities, environmental health & safety, and procurement.
- Manage all aspects of facilities operations, maintenance, building services, engineering, planning, and security.
- Lead environmental health and safety efforts as well as provide active sponsorship and oversight to the site’s safety and environmental compliance programs.
- Interface with various government agencies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations for the company’s facilities.
- Develop and implement maintenance programs for the facilities and production equipment.
- Source, negotiate and manage facility service level agreements or contracts.
- Partner with internal team, property management, and relevant tenant representatives to design and manage tenant improvement projects and facility modifications.
- Manage the end-to-end procurement process including obtaining quotes and lead times, requests supporting documentation, new vendor set up in Procurify, order tracking, purchase order monitoring, and issue resolution with vendors regarding invoice discrepancies.
- Manage the administration of daily shipping and receiving duties; verify receipt of goods on POs and enter receipts in Procurify.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience within a life sciences environment with responsibilities for facilities, maintenance, and EH&S
- Thorough understanding of life sciences building-related systems (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, compressed air and gas distribution, building management, communications, security, and fire protection systems)
- Strong project management experience
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, and Outlook, & online purchasing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physical ability to work in and conduct inspections of mechanical plants, rooftop equipment installations, and construction sites
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs or manipulate 150 lbs or more